Proteins are the structural basis with which our body is built and are the matter of which many hormones that regulate body functions are made.Biochemically, they are chains of amino acids. Muscles, bones, connective tissue, elastin in the skin are all examples of protein structures present in our bodies.
But proteins, along with fats and carbohydrates, are also one of the macronutrients that make up our diet. This is why you can make use of the iherb promo code sg and get the protein pills in the best price.
What role they have and why they are important
Dietary proteins are essential for our health because thanks to their introduction we can supply the body with the amino acids needed to build and repair endogenous protein structures, ie proteins present in our body.
- For example, although a well calibrated physical effort is healthy, the mechanism that allows the adaptation of the muscle goes through its initial damage.
- Only if, through nutrition, we supply the muscles with the proteins needed to repair themselves, the muscle will be able to respond positively and grow.
- Furthermore, proteins play a fundamental role in satiety as their ability to satisfy us is much higher than fats and carbohydrates.
- Finally, protein foods are essential to keep basal metabolism high.
- In fact, for 100 kilocalories of protein food, 25 are consumed only to metabolize it, thus creating an advantage over fats and carbohydrates.
- Given that every macronutrient is essential, excessively reducing or eliminating proteins from one’s diet would certainly be a mistake.
What are the most protein foods? Not just meat
The proteins are contained both in foods of animal origin and in those of vegetable origin, in particular in legumes and in pseudo-cereals such as quinoa. The iherb india discount code happens to be the best one now.
However, there is a fundamental difference which is the biological value, i.e. the measure of the proportion of proteins absorbed by the food and incorporated into the endogenous proteins of the body.
In the case of plant-based foods, this value is significantly reduced due to the lack of specific amino acids.
In a balanced diet it is therefore necessary to insert both vegetable and animal proteins, choosing for the latter the healthier versions such as fish , lean meats, eggs compared to fatty meats and cheeses.In the overall calculation of the assumed proteins it should be borne in mind that even cereals or pseudo-cereals provide proteins but always with a rather reduced biological value .
Considering the single dish approach proposed by Harvard, each main meal should contain a protein intake. The ideal subdivision includes 50% of vegetables, 25% of whole grains and 25% of proteins.
Protein after training, when to take it
As previously written, proteins are essential to allow the muscles to repair themselves after the effort.
However, there is a time period of 30-45 minutes after a workout in which it is important to get nourishment and proteins quickly to the muscles in particular to start the anabolic response, i.e. the regeneration and growth of the damaged muscle.
The proteins contained in foods have too slow absorption which makes it impossible to use them in this context.For this reason, in sportsmen specific protein supplements are used which allow a rapid absorption of proteins and therefore a better recovery of the muscle. We’re talking about powdered proteins.